Song Saa Private Island resort in the Koh Rong Islands, Cambodia is an eco-luxe escape spread over a pair of pristine isles, with thatch and stone villas dotted among the jungle canopy or lolling above the sea. This glamorous hotel features 27 suites with harmony, sustainability and world-class luxury as the core principles that underpin the design of the villas. Natural materials create a sense of synergy with the sea, the rainforests and the local culture. Everywhere you look there are references to the colors and textures of Cambodia’s traditional fishing villages with their pitched roofs and open plan living spaces.
Once inside your expansive thatched roof villa you will find recycled timber from disused fishing boats, furniture made from driftwood collected from local beaches and coves, earthy stone, polished marble walls and floors made from timber salvaged from old factories, warehouses and demolition yards around Cambodia and Thailand. But importantly, you will find every luxury waiting for you. Four-poster beds, Moroccan lanterns and carved statues add flair to the eco-chic space with over-sized baths and outdoor showers beside private decks and pools. Bespoke hand-crafted furniture made by local artisans. Each villa offers ocean views with their own private sea-view plunge pool.
The hotel also boasts a gym, spa and wellness sanctuaries positioned in the rainforest and along the shore, yoga and meditation center on the shoreline and beautiful gardens. The infinity-edge pool offers beautiful views, cleverly straddling the east and west sides of the island. The overwater, open-sided world-class restaurant and lounge are spectacularly positioned just off the island’s shoreline. For a romantic dinner for two, opt for a private beach cabana. A short stroll on the boardwalk will leave you perfectly positioned to take in dramatic sunsets, seascapes and starry nights.
Rates for a double room starts at $1,351 per night, which includes include all meals, house wine, beer and spirits, soft drinks, watersports, boat transfers to and from Song Saa, 15-minute foot massage on arrival and guided tours, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Modern mountain retreat nestled in resort village of Kitzbühel
- Courtyard oasis in a mysterious forest
- Sliding down a four-story Manhattan penthouse: Skyhouse
- Incredible contemporary desert home: Pass Residence
- Rustic eco-home perched on Elkins Meadow
- 54 Cool and relaxing outdoor living spaces to welcome summer