The Forester House is a private residential house in upstate New York designed by Roman Leonidov Architects. The home rests on a 1500 square meters plot of land surrounded by pines trees. The house consists of two blocks of residential space and a basin with a sauna and gym combined with each other at a wide angle. There is a common terrace projected in the form of a semicircular podium open to the surrounding landscape.
Decoration of the cottage incorporated only natural materials, in particular, wood and stone, creating a natural charm, of which is highlighted through large-scale glazing. A traditional duo-pitch roof with a large overhang rests on elegant thin columns, which contributes to the visual lightness of the house and emphasizes modernity of architectural solutions. Wood and stone was intensely utilized in the facade, which plays a key role in the interior decoration as well. In particular, the walls of two-storey living room and stairs are decorated with the same natural stone, and wood lath is used for ceilings and floors throughout most of the residential premises.
Planning of the floor is a crossing of two main axes: one corridor connects an entrance door and hallway area with a living room and another one perpendicular to it is two stairs leading to the second floor. Shared block with a hallway, cloak-room, home theater and living room divides the residential space into two wings. In the billiard room the architect utilizes small bricks and cubes with a brass cover, in the two-storey living room there is natural leather wrapped around the central pier.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Tropical bungalow design in Singapore: Dalvey Road House
- Three-story contemporary renovation in Toronto: 142 Kenilworth
- Semi detached house in Vietnam showcasing warm interior design
- Small Swedish apartment featuring cozy rooftop terrace
- Sleek and Stylish Corvi Concrete Wine Cooler
- Turn-of-the-century terrace house in Sydney: Tusculum Residence