This magnificent grand duplex home, spotted on Douglas Elliman, is on one of the best cobblestone blocks in TriBeCa, New York. The home is located within the historic American Express Carriage House built in 1866, which was originally a stable and converted into 15 luxury apartments, each costing upwards of $3 million. There are two apartments that offer stunning original details blended impeccably with contemporary touches. The duplex is currently setup as two separate and adjacent units with the ability to be combined, both share striking architectural features such as cast-iron columns, oversize windows, original porte-cochere doors, exposed brick walls and voluminous 14-15 foot high ceilings with original beams dating back to the 1500’s. There are a total of seven bedrooms and seven-and-a-half bathrooms. Upon combination, this expansive duplex would span the southwest corner of the building allowing the resident to enter the home via the street entrance staffed by a full time doorman or through the homes private. A private parking space in the buildings garage with access to the home is also included in the sale providing the owner with the utmost privacy and convenience.
The two apartments are on offer as a package, after being sold individually in August for $3,563,585 and $1,231,452. The package deal is listed for $15,900,000, from here.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Modern pad seamlessly integrates into its Canadian landscape
- Historic building gets an incredible transformation
- Capturing indoor outdoor living in New York: Ocean Deck House
- Modern mountainside chalet in Whistler focused on entertaining
- Modern concrete and glass dwelling in Ukraine: Da-house
- Fabulous hillside pad overlooking a beautiful bay in Peru