This stunning apartment situated in Mexico City, Mexico reflects the unique personality of its owners: modernity, consciousness on environment, love for design and contemporary art. The 1,937 square feet (180 square meters) two-floor apartment was designed by RIMA Arquitectura Studio, with the primary focus of natural and artificial lighting having an important role throughout the interior. Due to a double height at the staircase and a panoramic glass facade, daylight illuminates the whole interior, saving energy during the day, while at night the lightning design creates a pleasant atmosphere.
The master bedroom retreat, the child’s bedroom and a studio are on the second level. Steel, epoxy floor and visible structures balance with warm colors and wood in this space, where distribution offers a sense of wideness and a creative design, fundamentally considering the furniture chosen, some of it made from recycled wood, and the integration to the space of selected art works. The bookcase in the living room was designed to be very functional and its pure lines match with the environment. Since the home is situated at the west area of Mexico City, where the lack of green areas is noticeable, the architects compensated for this with a green balcony, an interior green wall and with the use of plants, both as ornaments as well as oxygen providers.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Scandinavian home gets a shabby chic makeover
- Spectacular St. Helena hillside retreat
- House Tour: Come see this color-filled summer house
- 44 Delightful spaces showcasing eye-catching wooden walls
- Charming Swedish digs boasts unique design details
- Traditional Victorian home gets sleek and stylish makeover