An old carpet warehouse, spotted on Shoot 115, retrieves its original splendor after a reform that respects its industrial roots and combines pieces with lots of history with new ones made to measure. This 1,830 square foot (170 square meters) loft is situated in a building in the heart of Barcelona, Spain built more than one century ago, previously a textile workshop. This space has retained the most attractive original structures and has unified them, painting them white: iron support columns that were originally black and wooden beams, cut by a steel rail makes the architecture feel open and airy. Natural light, a key highlight in this incredible loft, penetrates the space from a wall of double-hung windows, mostly originals.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Stunning contemporary design in Manhattan Beach: 35th Street Home
- Impressive small space design in this Spanish retreat
- A modern barn house in Long Island
- Sexy urban loft with a seductive catwalk
- 55 Absolutely fabulous mudroom entry design ideas
- Eye-catching traditional style home infused with pops of color