A unique and highly desirable residence of spacious proportions, Azzurra Castle encompasses a 26,500 square foot site set at the end of a peninsula on The Caribbean Sea. The property, owned by international entrepreneur Peter de Savary, is nestled on a peninsula on the south side of the island with stunning coastal panoramas at the end of Lance aux Epines in St. Georges, Grenada on the Caribbean Sea. The castle sits amongst flowering tropical gardens, terraces and two aviaries, leading down to a small private sandy beach and sunbathing deck. The Moorish style home has 9,500 square-feet of interior living space and 7,500 square-feet of exterior living space. The interiors feature bold and bright colors throughout, vaulted ceilings, accents of over-sized, scattered cushions, antique decorations and private nooks filled with ottomans, giving this property a laid-back Moroccan feel. The open living spaces take in natural breezes from the ocean.
Azzurra Castle features two private gated landscaped entrance courtyards with garage and parking. There are several extensive living and dining areas, roof and garden terraces, patios and beautifully managed tropical gardens. There are five dramatic bedrooms with private bathrooms and a self-contained apartment in the turret with its own roof terrace. And of course, no Castle comes without a folly; you’re turreted get-away in the gardens. The Castle also has a dungeon, thoughtfully converted into an air-conditioned luxury cinema and board-room/office/exercise room and numerous reception rooms/areas. Azzurra Castle is the ultimate in private locations, enjoying two small sandy beaches in a serene and secluded bay; alternately enjoy the view from the beachside Jacuzzi or lay out on the terraced decking or sunbathe/stargaze on the vast roof terrace.
Azzura Castle is available as a vacation rental sleeping 12, with rates ranging from $9,500 – $15,000 per week, including live-in housekeeper/cook, from here.
The great room is the home’s main living space, there are no walls or windows here, it is all open to the exterior elements.
Fine dining area.
Each of the bedrooms features an en-suite bath.
The pool area, which is accessed via the great room or the bedrooms, has a large terrace with a beautiful terra cotta tile pattern. The pool is 50 feet long and features a decorative mosaic.
The front side of the castle facing the ocean.
Outdoor private dining terrace.
Walkway leading to a private outdoor sitting area.
A two-story turret.
The turret features a guest bedroom with a kitchen and bathroom.
Photos: Alex Smailes
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Special touches and design for welcoming guest bedrooms
- Secluded resort-like sanctuary on the Sunset Strip
- Private villa in Budapest by Suto Interior Architects
- Luxury rustic bed and breakfast in Brooklyn: Urban Cowboy
- Escape to the tropical island of Lankanfushi
- Wissioming2 Residence surrounded by wooded landscape