This gorgeous beach home is situated on a beautiful stretch of the Oregon Coast, furnished by Jessica Helgerson Interiors for a large family that will be spending lots of time there. The house is divided into three levels, each with its own common living space as well as adjacent bedrooms. The designer wanted to give each level its own special feeling.
The upper level is light and elegant with a 16-foot-long sofa that curves gracefully on thin walnut legs, a handcrafted walnut lamp that curves to match the sofa, and a chandelier that reflects the ocean in hundreds of slightly irregular hand-blown glass drops.
The mid-level is comfortable and warm with colorful rugs and cozy wing back chairs upholstered in linen and cowhide. The game table was designed by Jessica Helgerson who had vintage chairs upholstered to match it.
The lower level is playful and casual with a big sectional clad in reclaimed barn wood and a boat transformed into a day bed that hangs from the ceiling.
With very few exceptions nearly all the furniture is either the design of Jessica Helgerson, built in Portland, or vintage.
The home theater has inviting velvet chairs, funny Mexican movie posters and pillows made from vintage silk scarves.
Photos: Lincoln Barbour
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits