This gorgeous beach home is situated on a beautiful stretch of the Oregon Coast, furnished by Jessica Helgerson Interiors for a large family that will be spending lots of time there. The house is divided into three levels, each with its own common living space as well as adjacent bedrooms. The designer wanted to give each level its own special feeling.
The upper level is light and elegant with a 16-foot-long sofa that curves gracefully on thin walnut legs, a handcrafted walnut lamp that curves to match the sofa, and a chandelier that reflects the ocean in hundreds of slightly irregular hand-blown glass drops.
The mid-level is comfortable and warm with colorful rugs and cozy wing back chairs upholstered in linen and cowhide. The game table was designed by Jessica Helgerson who had vintage chairs upholstered to match it.
The lower level is playful and casual with a big sectional clad in reclaimed barn wood and a boat transformed into a day bed that hangs from the ceiling.
With very few exceptions nearly all the furniture is either the design of Jessica Helgerson, built in Portland, or vintage.
The home theater has inviting velvet chairs, funny Mexican movie posters and pillows made from vintage silk scarves.
Photos: Lincoln Barbour
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Contemporary resort style home in Fig Tree Pocket
- Carved into the Big Sur landscape: Dani Ridge House
- Stylish transformation of a flat in Barcelona by Egue y Seta
- Paradise-like vacation retreat in St. Bart’s
- The Fortress fantasy villa overlooking the Hollywood Hills
- Intimate and luxurious Jade Villa in Greece