Nestled high in the mountains, with Mont Blanc in the horizon, is this cabin restored entirely in wood, which was spotted on Nuevo Estilo, situated in the French Alps, near the town of Megève. It is not a mere cottage, it is a construction in idyllic balance with the environment and equipped with a unique interior design. With roof carports, chimneys smoking and in the middle of a snowy landscape, this house evokes a story of Christmas.
The house is an important architectural rehabilitation project in which sustainability and ecology were of utmost importance. Belgian decorator Lionel Jadot was commissioned to transform this old home from 1870 under the clients wishes to respect the past. It took two years to renovate and winterize the dilapidated structure and reinvent the building, including a new roof, installation of floors and walls of larch – wood used in origin, as in the houses of the area and distribution of the spaces according to the needs of the owners.
The villa has two levels, with the bedrooms located on the lower floor and the upper floor is an immense loft-like space, with high ceilings that opens to the mountain by large windows that continue on to a terraced roof. In terms of decoration, the home is full of furnishings and pieces from different cultures and eras from travels to Africa, Asia and Europe. These are decorative findings throughout, picked up from antique shops and vintage stores. The end result is a very warm and cheerful atmosphere, halfway between the bucolic mountain house and a sophisticated New York loft, which tries to reconcile technology and ecology.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Luxury villa escape to the sultry island of Paros
- 60 Unbelievably inspiring small bedroom design ideas
- Bluff House fully integrated into the Aussie landscape
- Victorian terrace house undergoes fabulous transformation
- Modern elegance displayed in arts district home
- Rustic-chic farmhouse in the South of France