360 Ranch is a beautiful property developed by the patriarch of the family as a home base for family members spread out across the globe, enabling them a chance to recreate, reconnect, and relax over what sometimes could be trips of a month or more. Designed by Miller Architects, their large parcel of land is not far from Yellowstone Park, in Big Sky, Montana and a trout stream and several ponds are just a few of the prevalent water features.
The property encompasses the top of a mountain with a lookout tower, and down below, this approximately 7,000 square foot home delivers a sense of intimacy. Each bedroom is a master suite, with fireplace, private balcony, and adjoining children’s room, to ensure all generations have the space they need. The architects shared approach was to celebrate the romantic lodges of the past, leading them to choose small round logs like those used in Old Faithful Lodge, as one example. With plenty of space inside and out to decompress—but cozy, welcoming living areas as well—this lodge becomes the perfect family gathering place.
Photos: Courtesy of Miller Architects
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- 40 Amazing fall-inspired front porch decorating ideas
- Fascinating sanctuary on the plateau of Cevenne
- Pasture Project with Mount Olympus as a backdrop
- Small lot transformed into stunning Malibu beach house
- Spotlight on glass: How it is used for home design
- Contemporary design aesthetic in Brazil: Real Parque Loft
- 40 Stylish and functional small bathroom design ideas