This mid-century era residence has been built with great flow and well-proportioned volumes in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California. Designed by Carver + Schicketanz, the project called for the need of an extra bedroom as well as a new kitchen and bathrooms. In addition, the goal of the architects was to modernize the outdated house technology resulting in a highly efficient home with supplemental photovoltaic power generation. The architects completed the first LEED-certified home in Carmel-by-the-Sea, reaching the highest level: Platinum.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow