Discovered on Mi Casa, a complete reform was undertaken in this Barcelona, Spain home to provide planning according to its new owners, a young couple with two small children. He is a photographer, and she is passionate about decoration, both wanted to preserve its original structure, with high ceilings, ornamental moldings and large windows. Its retro doors are also maintained, although access to the bathrooms was changed by sliding doors to optimize space. They chose to paint the walls white and thus enhance the light in the space; but also, to not subtract from the colorful flooring that has an incredible visual impact in decoration.
The open floor plan has visual continuity created through the environments: on one side, living area with a work corner, and in the opposite, kitchen and dining room. In the master bedroom next to the fireplace and vintage decor, evokes the leisurely and serene pace of times past. Concrete was chosen for the bathroom walls and floors which were completely renovated, a material which by its texture and natural appearance, fit into the style of the house. A world apart is the child’s bedroom, with wood flooring and decorated in white and slate, a chromatic palette used infrequently in baby’s rooms.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Home by design: Arrange your furniture perfectly for any room
- Magical retreat with heavenly ocean views
- 66 Inspiring ideas for Christmas lights in the bedroom
- Apartment refurbishment in Barcelona by Anna & Eugeni Bach
- Stunning modern family home in Ontario: Thorncrest House
- Inspiring and colorful home of Architect Eva Palao