Portuguese architects Luís Rebelo de Andrade and Diogo Aguiar have recently completed a set of seven houses for the eco-resort of Parque de Pedras Salgadas, in the north of Portugal. The small dwellings are suspended on pillars and delicately hover above the ground, completely integrated in perfect harmony within the surrounding nature.
Designed in a modular, prefabricated system which allows for different combinations of the same three modules — entrance/bathing, living, sleeping — the houses are extremely flexible, and able to adapt to diverse spaces within the park, creating different morphologies and diverse dialogues with the surrounding nature: occupying the empty spaces between the trunks of large trees in the park, and allowing each home to be unique.
The pitched roofs that characterize the intervention redefine the contours of the park’s boundaries. Inside each house, they create comfortable and dynamic, animated spaces. In each of the houses, one or more corners feature a large window framing a specific view of the park, bringing the surrounding nature inside, and linking the interior to a balcony designed to be an ideal resting space. Each dwelling’s cladding evokes local, vernacular construction techniques.
Pedras Salgadas Spa & Nature Park offers ecological self-catering bungalows with a modern decor. Guests can enjoy views of the surrounding nature from the wooden patio or relax in the separate spa center. All spacious bungalows have a fully equipped kitchen with a generous dining area. Pedras Salgadas’s spa offers a variety of relaxing treatments and massages. An indoor pool, a sauna and a steam bath are also provided. So take a Flight to Portugal and visit this amazing destination!
Prices range from $150 – $250, from here.
Photos: FG + SG
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- 40 Amazing fall-inspired front porch decorating ideas
- Rustic wooded retreat in Martis Camp: Lifeguard Shack
- Stunning modern update to Berlin's Das Stue Hotel
- Cube House in San Francisco by John Maniscalco Architecture
- Provocative industrial aesthetic displayed in renovated London loft
- Gorgeous New England beach house in the dunes
- Modern pad floats along sheer slopes in Tasmania: Highway House