This inspiring dream home, spotted on Skona Hem, is reminiscent of a knight’s castle with consistently beautiful and vibrant limestone floors and walls. The home is owned by advertising agency owner Morten Angelo and his wife, Tina Horsted who were looking for a summer home, far from the job meetings and daily stress in Copenhagen, but still close enough to go there quite often. Their choice fell on Italy, which directed their gaze towards the northwest Piedmont region. The couple ended up further up the “heel”, which is known for its sweet trulli houses from the 15th century.
The beautiful 3,229 square foot Italian estate was restored by interior designer Charlotte Johnson who saw a no-frills dream house with a colorless theme. She built up a history around the place, with a feeling that would be an adventure to come here. The designer added contrast without color, black and white with the only contrasting color for walls and floors by gentle gradation. Furnishings are modern classics from the 1960’s of a kind which fits most contexts, without disturbing.
Only two of the towers on the conical trullihus-ceilings, typical of Alberobello region, is of older date. The rest of the House is newly built.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow