T House is the combination of sophisticated elegance of an eighteenth century loft in Milan, Italy and depth of a Japanese house. The design of T House by Takane Ezoe and Modourbano was born from the needs of the client, an artist who prefers free spaces, rooms without a real dividing line between the public and the private and space to work until late into the night.
The functional layout refers to the traditional Japanese buildings where everything is “semi-open” and the spaces are divided with the traditional sliding doors fusuma or shoji, hence the idea of having open spaces and large planimetrically double heights to emphasize the peculiarity of this space in Milan of the eighteenth century, formerly a horse stable. In all the design choices, there was the desire to preserve and enhance the distinctive character of this place, the stone fragments, the arches of the large windows and large wooden beam of gallery.
The house is dominated by the kitchen where the client can prepare meals for a conveniently large number of guests and where to organize social occasions. The living spaces are deliberately lean, characterized by maximum flexibility to freely configure the furniture into it without the oppression of too many “objects”.
The Studio has very specific characteristics: large, bright, comfortable, with the ability to hold meetings with employees and where the artist can move easily between works of great size, but at the same time simple and neutral where you can work without external contamination. In the vicinity of the study was obtained gallery / exhibition space, connected to an archive where to store the artist’s works in a practical way.
The sleeping area, located on the mezzanine floor is an intimate, permeable but inviolable area; the master bathroom, as in Japanese tradition, recalls the thermal baths in stone and wood, characterized by the large pool and relaxing lighting from below.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- 40 Amazing fall-inspired front porch decorating ideas
- Industrial building transformed to beautiful loft in TriBeca
- Jalan Angin Laut house in Singapore with pool sanctuary
- Luxurious log cabin ski chalet in Switzerland: Chalet Bear
- Deep in Patagonia's landscape: Hotel Salto Chico
- Beautiful transitional style home in Potrero Hill, San Francisco
- Magnificent home with sparkling white interiors