This stunning carpenter’s villa found on Skona Hem is a private residence from the 1800’s, situated in Dalarö just outside Stockholm, Sweden. The homeowner’s purchased this house unseen and left the city life behind for a dream life in Dalarö. The house showcases a neutral color palette and calm atmosphere with antique touches throughout. Contemporary finds have been mixed with artifacts picked up from auction houses and flea markets.
Music room has been painted a dark gray color with two eye-catching gooseneck arm, bowling pins from the U.S. and rug from IKEA.
A contemporary fireplace is a focal point in the salon.
The prints and paintings in the living room come from auctions and garage sales.
In the hall stands an antique table bought at the auction house Metropol. It was bright green from the beginning, but now is painted black. Even the checkered floor is painted. Beautiful double doors lead into the living room.
White bedroom with lamps from Ikea and bedspread from Lexington.
Photos: Lina Östling
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Jaw-dropping dwelling merged cliffside above the Aegean Sea
- A unique restoration in Sydney
- Cove Residence in Water Mill with soothing ocean views
- Fascinating contemporary renovation in Vancouver: 430 House
- Beautiful contemporary home in Cape Town
- Rehabilitation of a flat in a heritage building in Barcelona
- Oceanfront property nestled cliffside in Chile: Tunquen House