This stunning carpenter’s villa found on Skona Hem is a private residence from the 1800’s, situated in Dalarö just outside Stockholm, Sweden. The homeowner’s purchased this house unseen and left the city life behind for a dream life in Dalarö. The house showcases a neutral color palette and calm atmosphere with antique touches throughout. Contemporary finds have been mixed with artifacts picked up from auction houses and flea markets.
Music room has been painted a dark gray color with two eye-catching gooseneck arm, bowling pins from the U.S. and rug from IKEA.
A contemporary fireplace is a focal point in the salon.
The prints and paintings in the living room come from auctions and garage sales.
In the hall stands an antique table bought at the auction house Metropol. It was bright green from the beginning, but now is painted black. Even the checkered floor is painted. Beautiful double doors lead into the living room.
White bedroom with lamps from Ikea and bedspread from Lexington.
Photos: Lina Östling
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Modern villa in Athens with beautiful details
- Mesmerizing M4-House in Japan by Architect Show
- Unique living terrariums for your home
- Vertical Loft presents bold architecture in Rotterdam
- 43 Most fabulous mood-setting romantic bathrooms ever
- Lake House Living at Chalet Lac Gate in Quebec by BOOM TOWN