This gorgeous Vineyard Estate is carefully sited on the edge of a sixty-acre vineyard in Sonoma, California. Designed by Aidlin Darling Design, this monastic 14,000 square foot stone structure establishes a temporal frame of reference for mapping its physical environment. The estate includes the main home, as well as a caretaker’s residence, barn, irrigation center, water storage, outlying garden rooms, sculpture gardens and an orchard. The main house incorporates stacked stone walls organized round a long reflecting pool, and large glass openings that obscure the boundaries between inside and outside.
Photos: John Sutton and Marcus Hanschen
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage