After receiving some positive feedback on the DIY-inspired home we featured here, we decided to feature another unique home that was designed by an industrial design student who is just 27 years old and lives in Tel Aviv, Israel. Ron Benshoshan and his girlfriend had just purchased their first apartment and the place was in need of a major overhaul, so they decided to do all the renovations themselves. The 65 square meters apartment was built in the 70’s, the couple wished to have a contemporary yet functional design that is attractive and comfortable. With a limited budget and a short time frame, the project was daunting as everything needed to be replaced. Due to the budgetary constraints, it led the couple in a new direction, consisting of hand crafting and building the majority of the items that are featured in the project. It took approximately two months to complete.
Here is a description of the project from the homeowners, “In short we re-did the whole place: Tore down the wall in the kitchen opening it up to the living room and dining area. United the bathroom making one long and spacious bathroom. Made the bedroom bigger by closing an indoor balcony. A bar that comes out of the wall. I personally designed and built most of the items seen in the pictures: Large wall clock, floating unit below the TV, round table and red chairs, table, pipe lamp and the cats playing area which is hung in the red room, faucet in the bathroom, wooden bar, lights in the living room (with red cords)
bed and side table in bedroom.” Via
Be sure to take a look at the before pictures at the bottom of the page to get an idea of how much work went into creating this incredible space! If you want to see more images with before and after’s, be sure to check out Ron’s website here. Please leave us some feedback on what you think of this project. What was your favorite part of the design? Anything that didn’t work for you?
PHOTOS PRIOR TO RENOVATION:
Photos: Ron Benshoshan
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Ultra luxurious African safari game reserve
- Stunning Spanish Colonial Home in Los Feliz Hills, California
- Building transformed into industrial home in Portland
- Immersed in the tropical refuge of Koh Samui: Baan Hinyai Villa
- 32 Unbelievably unique living room interiors
- Pearl Valley 334 in South Africa by SAOTA