Hill Street Residence is situated on a steeply sloping site in Dolores Heights, San Francisco. This complete rebuild by John Maniscalco Architecture transforms a small 1970’s house into an airy modern home with seamless indoor-outdoor transitions. Contrasting systems of vertical movement and expansive horizontal views provide a variety of spatial relationships to the site and the city – from the intimate to the distant, from urban expanse to private garden. A sky-lit two-story interior stair hall with bamboo garden blurs the house-landscape relationship and provides further emphasis of the vertical connectivity.
Photos: Matthew Millman
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Fascinating Eichler-inspired home renovation in California
- 44 Stunningly white bathroom design inspirations
- Rough-luxe mountain home in Evergreen, Colorado
- 25 Unbelievably stylish living rooms full of amazing ideas
- Stylish home with Scandinavian influences in Moscow
- A rustic-modern summer dream house on the island of Syros