Hill Street Residence is situated on a steeply sloping site in Dolores Heights, San Francisco. This complete rebuild by John Maniscalco Architecture transforms a small 1970’s house into an airy modern home with seamless indoor-outdoor transitions. Contrasting systems of vertical movement and expansive horizontal views provide a variety of spatial relationships to the site and the city – from the intimate to the distant, from urban expanse to private garden. A sky-lit two-story interior stair hall with bamboo garden blurs the house-landscape relationship and provides further emphasis of the vertical connectivity.
Photos: Matthew Millman
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Historically preserved creekside retreat by Richardson Architects
- Light and spacious small apartment renovation in Chinatown
- Sumptuous home comprised of two connected pavilions in Australia
- 55 Sleek and sexy masculine bedroom design ideas
- Fabulous contemporary renovation to Victorian home in Australia