This beautiful home, spotted on Nuevo Esitlo, is situated in Buenos Aires, Argentina, designed as a house for family life for owners Paula Cahen d’Anver and Federico Álvarez Castillo. Both designers and owners of the high-end fashion company Etiqueta Negra (Black Label) in Argentina. A few kilometers from Buenos Aires, construction of the 1970s home, was captivated by the intense relationship between interior and exterior spaces. Towards the street, the building is presented with a traditional facade, straight lines and sober appearance. But on the back opens without reservation to the garden and the vast green expanse of a neighboring polo field.
After a carefully selected reform, the home is full of spaciousness, luminosity and, above all, without hindrance of the environment perception: “You feel nature fully, notes its changes from the living room and that’s very cute,” says Paula. During rehabilitation, some parts of the facades gave way to glass and thus, with the window walls as a distinctive sign, the garden joins with the interior spaces as a main element. In addition, created one of the most valued by the owner’s environments, the porch, where family and friends pass time and connecting without transitions with the pool.
Added to the original construction, a partially covered patio that has been articulated by different seating areas. Awnings help to provide outdoor shaded areas from the hot sun.
Inside each detail has taken care. Paula and Federico, as fashion designers who are experienced with tones and textures, have infused personality and articulate spaces as both comfortable and eclectic. Woven fresh, quality materials, small objects and details make the difference and a taste by the mixture that makes living parts of current design and vintage that stands out in an immaculate order, punctuated by pops of intense color.
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Thatched roof luxury vacation retreat in Bali: Villa Kinara
- Concrete and glass farmhouse nestled in an orchard
- Sleek luxury cabins staggered among boulders
- Contemporary concrete home in Argentina
- Beautiful transitional style residence showcasing serene interiors
- Modern refuge surrounded by forest in Wisconsin: Fieldstone House