This breathtaking dream cottage is nestled in the bluffs high above the sea in Alentejo, Portugal. A paradise of rest where every day takes place between pieces of design, items purchased at flea markets and vintage Scandinavian furniture. The incredible home has designed by interior designer Beatriz Aparicio, features fabulous outdoor spaces with a linear pool and al fresco outdoor dining. The dining area is comprised of Panton chairs, made by Vitra, accompanied by a table made from houses damaged by the 2004 tsunami and hammock from Ikea. The interiors display generous proportions, warm textures and a fascinating, vivacious color palette. The matte black lacquer cabinets in the kitchen creates a great impact, with Tom Dixon ceiling fixtures that blends in with the environment as well the Tulip Chair by Saarinen, published by Knoll.
The guest bedroom features bedside tables belonging to a hotel in the 1960s. Above them, two 1970s lamps.
Photo Source: Montse Garriga for Elle Decor
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Home DIY: Ways to deliver the wow factor with wall murals
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- 44 Delightful spaces showcasing eye-catching wooden walls
- Prefab Portable Home ÁPH80 in Spain by ÁBATON
- Breathtaking contemporary retreat with ocean views
- Beautiful mid-century modern home in Lakewood
- Stylish loft in TriBeCa showcasing an industrial style aesthetic
- Passive House Retreat off the New England coast