This breathtaking dream cottage is nestled in the bluffs high above the sea in Alentejo, Portugal. A paradise of rest where every day takes place between pieces of design, items purchased at flea markets and vintage Scandinavian furniture. The incredible home has designed by interior designer Beatriz Aparicio, features fabulous outdoor spaces with a linear pool and al fresco outdoor dining. The dining area is comprised of Panton chairs, made by Vitra, accompanied by a table made from houses damaged by the 2004 tsunami and hammock from Ikea. The interiors display generous proportions, warm textures and a fascinating, vivacious color palette. The matte black lacquer cabinets in the kitchen creates a great impact, with Tom Dixon ceiling fixtures that blends in with the environment as well the Tulip Chair by Saarinen, published by Knoll.
The guest bedroom features bedside tables belonging to a hotel in the 1960s. Above them, two 1970s lamps.
Photo Source: Montse Garriga for Elle Decor
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage
- Unique greenhouse-inspired home in Paris
- Natural materials integrated in modern property: Oban House
- Rustic mountain retreat with sweeping views of Lake Tahoe
- Distinctive Northwest Harbor House with sustainable elements
- Jackson Hole modern mountain retreat by Pearson Design Group
- Spectacular rustic mountain retreat in Big Sky