This super stunning concrete mountain retreat has been designed by Kaegebein Fine Homebuilding, situated on Capitol Creek Road, Snowmass, Colorado. The two-storey home features polished concrete flooring with two coats of sealer, concrete walls and a neutral color palette. Although the furnishings are modern, the soft textures and materials create a warm and welcoming environment. Large expanses of glass blurs the lines between indoors and out. The lift and slide door in the open plan living area helps to open the space up to the outdoors. The exterior facade is not a traditional wooden log home, like you would typically see in the area, which makes it unique to the area and seems to blend with its snowy landscape. The home is hidden from the street, surrounded by a heavily forested terrain a creek below the house.
The inviting living area with an incredible fireplace is the perfect spot for entertaining guests during the holiday season. All the appliances are state of the art, hinting at the inhabitants’ need for modern creature comforts.
The material used for this incredible fireplace is steel with an acid wash and lacquer.
A stairway with wooden steps leads the way to the private areas located on the second level.
Photos: Derek Skalko
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Fascinating Arts District loft in LA mixing DIY and vintage