North Star Ranch explores a distinctive Mediterranean style design by Miller Architects in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains of Southern Colorado. The owner raises cutting horses, but has spent much of her free time traveling the world. She has brought art and artifacts from those journeys into her home, and they work in combination to establish an uncommon mood. The stone floor, stucco and plaster walls, troweled stucco exterior, and heavy beam and trussed ceilings welcome guests as they enter the home. Open spaces for socializing, both outdoor and in, are what those guests experience but to ensure the owner’s privacy, certain spaces such as the master suite and office can be essentially ‘locked off’ from the rest of the home. Even in the context of the region’s extraordinary rock formations, the North Star Ranch conveys a strong sense of personality.
The ranch offers a soothing color palette and takes advantage of the spectacular mountain range views throughout the home.
Photos: Courtesy of Miller Architects
Recommended For You
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits