These very unique light fixtures come from the Wo & We Collection. Olivier, the creative and talented designer behind these awesome fixtures, is a light “creator-assembler” and makes the coolest adjustable vintage lamps, restoredÂ and re-assembled from industrial components. He is based in Lyon, France and has been creating, restoring and assembling his pieces over the last four months. Via
BOSKKE founders Jake and Patrick Morris grew up in Morris & James, widely regarded as New Zealand’s most iconic ceramics brand. Boskke is one of those planter designs that could change the way you think about gardening in the home. Aptly named “Sky Planter” this cool and stylish pot is a new concept in your mind, literally turning gardening on it’s head. This new gardening concept is ideal for hanging in your modern home as decorative furniture. It will be nice in your kitchen, dining room, living room, sunroom or even in your study or splashed throughout your home to create a unique look. The result is a cool and stylish interior design. By turning the plants upside down, there is a locking disc that holds the soil and plant in place, and an innovative reservoir system that both conserves water (by up to 80%) and your personal timer that gradually hydrates a plant’s roots. By this stunning award winning design, you can get five advantages all at once; conserving water, purify the air in your home, save your time and save your plant, save floor space, transform your view of nature. The plants are available in two models, you can choose the classic or the original design. Boskke can also be purchased at Velocity Art and Design, or to DIY your own Sky Planters check out Design Sponge.
Grow herbs, small peppers, or cherry tomatoes in your kitchen to conveniently use for cooking.
Amaridian is a New York City based gallery and showroom specializing in innovative sub-Saharan design, craft and fine art. The company is focused on promoting Africa’s emerging talents. It offers a distinct perspective allowing different ideologies, concepts and expressions to maintain their identity without conforming to conventional standards. Amaridian and Design Africa have formed a pioneering partnership to foster Africa’s growing presence in the global marketplace. The venture assists rising design stars to achieve critical and commercial success by connecting private enterprise with progressive development and their creative coordinates with discerning international markets.
It is whimsical eye candy for your garden or outdoor living space, but maybe not practical lounge seating. Young and hip Los Angeles designer, Kyle Schuneman of Live Well Designs, created this super cool moss chair and kindly offered up the directions for the rest of us to re-create. Schuneman, who has been featured on HGTV and The Style Network, has also left his creative mark with companies such as Microsoft, Lipton and Target. Via
Use these steps to make this chair for your own home, patio, or garden:
1. Find a side chair that has a nice solid seat, something with a great shape and with a vintage flair will really take this chair to the next level. You will need to wet newspaper strips as well. Once you clean the chair cover it in moist newspaper strips.
2. Once the chair is covered in newspaper you will then put a little spray adhesive down and a thin layer of chicken wire so that the moss has something to grab on to.
3. Section by section, spray a bit of adhesive on the back of each piece of moss and push it onto the damp newspaper/wire. The bigger the piece the moss the better, so it does not look pieced together. Instead, it will feel like it has grown from the earth.
4. Once the entire chair is covered in moss, make sure to water it regularly in order to keep it healthy and growing. You can use a spray bottle or a hose with a spray attachment in order to keep it damp. The newspaper acts as something for the water to soak in, keeping the moss healthy. Use this moss chair as a great sculptural piece in a sunroom, a plant stand outside, or even a functional chair that is also a conversation piece.
Connect With Us!
Popular this week
- Modern rustic home nestled high in the Sierra Mountains
- Stunning mid-century renewal in Portland by Jessica Helgerson
- Modern beach style reinvented in a Manhattan Beach house
- Brooklyn brownstone gets revived into charming family home
- Phenomenal modern-rustic mountain home in Aspen
- 40 Super cool backyards with cozy fire pits
- Restoration of enchanting old village house in Catalonia
- Showcase home in Austin: Spanish Oaks Hacienda
- Colonial style retreat surrounded by forest in Connecticut
- Mountain contemporary eco-residence in Park City
- Modern Central Park Condo in Manhattan: One Beacon Court
- The Lookout House in the Mallorca mountains